Saturday, February 13, 2010

No Man Is An Island


Of all the Australian services I know, today I thought of writing about  my solo escapade and 1800MumDad that practically saved me from sleeping on the streets. It was last December of 2009 before Christmas when I went strolling around alone wanting seclusion and have some peaceful ambiance to think and reminisce. Since I am from Gold Coast, I went to Couran Cove Island Resort, which really is a fantastic place. With all the excitement, photograph taking and lots of going from here and there, my mini bag inside my backpack where I put my wallet and mobile phone got lost... It was surely a mood saboteur, yet here comes my hero I have in my head, the 1800MumDad! Borrowed a stranger's phone and called home for them to pick me up. I don't need a dollar to owe someone for it was a reverse charge call. It was a blessing in disguise because now that stranger is already a very very good friend of mine. Cheers to you! You know yourself once you read this! Funny! Such a kind bloke! At the end of it all, I realized that really we can rely on other people despite some desire to have our own silent space from time to time. A stranger becoming a friend, people behind wonderful Couran Cove Island Resort and a bonzer service like 1800MumDad and of course our loved ones who are always there whenever we need them or not! I love you guys! Ta muchly!

No comments:

Post a Comment